Friday, December 10, 2010

No real progress

I have been patiently waiting for my unofficial-supplier to provide me with more pallets as building materials without any results.  It would seem that I may need to shop elsewhere.  However, I believe that this lull in productivity may be attributed to the seasonal respite that afflicts many service industry operations.  So, I will practice patience while I review my options.


I have considered possibly changing my design plan for a smaller structure that would require less materials and enable me to complete construction sooner but I feel like 120 square feet in a Tiny House will constitute a system shock and reducing the size may cause system arrest.  That'd be bad.  I believe that reading Francine's blog posts from Miss Minimalist is having more than a little affect on my thinking as I will need to guard against over-reacting.  I'm known for do that so I'd best proceed with care.  However, Francine's story from her blog are quite interesting in a Tiny House kind of way.  Except that Francine is a freak about large spaces and not small.  Hey, to each their own.  I can appreciate the allure to which she falls victim with regard to large expansive open air warehouse type spaces.  I too have felt similar passion for over sized space and objects.

In any case, my budget like Miss Minimalist's, is quite small and I feel safe in saying that it is unlikely that I would change my plans from a Tiny House to a warehouse.  Since, I can't get one for myself any sooner that she can.  Anyway, it's fun to dream in all sizes and shapes of obsessions.

That's about it for today.  I know it's not much, but I blame my supplier for the lack of building material from which I could produce more to write about.  It's their fault, not mine.  Of course, I like the simplicity of that solution.  Thanks for stopping by.

Let's get out there, and make it a great day!

No comments: