Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tired of those pesky telemarketers always calling you?

I know that I have not been posting about my Tiny House like I had hoped I would and I know that if you come here to read about a Tiny House that you are probably getting pretty disappointed about not finding anything useful or fulfilling about Tiny Houses.  Sorry.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to make any real progress on my Tiny House plans because of the weather, deer hunting season, or lack of information relating to local regulations regarding the construction of a Tiny House here in Central Kentucky.  Although, I do have plans to meet with a local building inspector to get some first hand information regarding opportunities.

So, what about those pesky telemarketers?  Well, there is a service provided by the government that will prevent those creepy calls from every getting to you.
All you have to do is sign onto the web site here and register your phone number with the National Do Not Call Registry and any telemarketers will be advised not to call you for a full five years.  If'n they do try to call you, you can report them to Big Brother, i.e. the men in black, a.k.a. the government and they will get in big trouble, of some type that I'm not sure about but I am sure that I wouldn't want to be sideways with the government.  That's why I'm spending so much time checking out the building regulations.  It has been suggested that you may also call 888-382-1222 and register your phone that way, but I haven't tried this  method of registration.  Using the web site requires an email address and verification that amounts to clicking on a link that they email to you.  Real simple.  I've done this for my phone and I recommend it for you too.

So, that's it for today.  Thanks for stopping by.  Let's get out there and make it a great day!

No comments: