Friday, November 12, 2010

Big weekend, gotta take 'er easy though...

OK, so I've been rattling a lot about Amazon and all that up in arms stuff about immoral or disgusting products and pictures and stuff they are selling.  Yuch!  But that's really just my opinion and of course you can form your own because we all have one and, well, you get the picture.  Anyway, this weekend in the opening weekend of modern rifle deer hunting in most of the state of Kentucky.  That means that there will be a lot of people going fully armed into the woods looking to shoot something.  So, don't let it be you.  By that I mean, be prepared and stuff.  Kentucky hunting regulations stipulate that all hunters need to be properly outfitted with at least a blaze orange hat as well as a blaze orange body covering above the waist.  That means a vest at least but of course the more orange you wear the more you are likely to be observed as not being a deer.  So, well, you get my point.  Maybe if you plan to go hiking in the woods during the next seven days, you might want to consider some special clothing that includes being seen.  And of course, take it easy...
This is a big weekend for many and I will be out there looking for a deer of my own.  While it may be an exciting opportunity to commune with nature and flex some testosterone filled muscles, I plan to take it easy too.  That was the one lesson that I learned from my dad while he was imparting gun safety as well as marksmanship. He would say, "this is supposed to be fun while keeping it safe, so have fun."  I'll be working on that as I apply some of my best Dudeist theology because, after all, the dude abides...

Hey, thanks for stopping by.  Let's get out there and chill.

No comments: