Monday, January 10, 2011

Waiting for the storm

I have been stuck in a rut waiting for the weather to break to continue stripping the wood pallets that I intend to use for building materials.  However, we are currently waiting for the next wintery weather system to blow through here so I may be holding my breath in vain.

What I mean is that this weather pattern, like a normal 7 day cycle, may not get out of here for a few months.  That won't work well with my plans for breaking ground in the spring so I guess I am gonna have to just get out in the cold and get things done anyway.  Now, now, now; don't feel too bad for me.  I know that there are those of you who would love to simply jump in the car and run over here to help out.  Rest assured that I will take proper care to stay warm and take breaks as needed.  I might not work through the snow storms though...

I am on the look out for more materials because my supplier has all but dried up on the bigger pallets that I had been collecting.  There have been quite a few of the smaller (normal) sized pallets but I'm holding out for the biggin's.  They will work better for wall studs and rafters.  Of course there will be some places where the smaller pallet pieces will work, but those will be few and I do have quite a few stringers from the larger pallets that will suffice in those locations, so...I wait.  But hey, it's all good.

Well, thanks for stopping by.  Let's get out there and make it a great day!

No comments: