Thursday, January 6, 2011

Design phase re-designed

I've been searching the Internet for interesting things relating to Tiny House design and I've not seen anything significant and new to include here.  I know that the Internet is vast in scope and resource so the problem must be with me.  However, Laura and I have begun talking about re-designing our design.  What I mean to say is that since we are not restricted by the 120 square foot rule, the sky's the limit.  Of course, we wouldn't want to just go crazy because then all we would be doing is trading one monstrosity for another.  Remembering why we started this project...
helps to keep us focused on the objective of creating something cute, Tiny, and efficient in terms of resources as well as sustainability.  I still want to keep things small and maintain hope to incorporate a passive solar system for heating/cooling because I still want to keep this project "off grid."  I also am considering the best way to accommodate the sleeping arrangement without growing too large.  I like the idea of a loft so we may retain that element of our design and simply include a stairway as well as a ladder for access.  These are some of the questions that we are considering.

Well, I have an important meeting in Lexington so I have to get moving.  Thanks for stopping by.  Let's get out there and make it a great day!

No comments: