Sunday, September 16, 2012

Wow, lot's of NO activity

I just realized that I've not posted for a long time.  However, life has intervened and we have been dealing with a lot around here.  We have managed to finish laying floor in the remodeled sun room, soon to be bar, in the community area of our home.  This is the first time that we've managed to remodel an area for purely selfish and fun reasons.  The area will include an actual bar with a dart board, bar stools, a lounge area, as well as neon sign and a sliding glass door to the outside deck.  The deck may not survive because it's age is pretty advanced and the wood is pretty split and cracked.  However, we think it may be possible to replace the poisonous treated wood with a better synthetic composite material that will age better, tolerating the sun and extreme conditions.

I also realized that there are more people following this blog than any of the others that I've started and feel an obligation to those of you that have recognized that maybe there may be value in reading some of the ramblings of a confused mind.  Sorry to have left you for soooooo long without a post.  I will try to be better prepared to encourage the minimalist in us all.  Sadly, many of the bloggers that I had been reading have fallen by the way side and are no longer posting their contributing opinions of which I found so much impetus for motivation.

No matter.  I forge ahead, solitary figure on the landscape of minimalism, fixed on the goal of divesting my life of the many "treasures" acquired during another period confusion and aspiration.  Most recently, I have been trying to convert a saddle and a outside/weather proof sound system that I've found no real purpose in holding on to, so I am hoping to offer on the alter of minimalist divestiture.
Wish me luck.  Hey, thanks for stopping by and checking in to keep me on task.  Hope to see you again.

No comments: